Like It? Buy this poster on a RedBubble T-Shirt.
I see a lot interesting Street Art Posters around Sydney and appreciate their ability to make me smile. This is a design concept I came up with revolving around the theme ‘How Were You Born?’. The answers are of course song titles and the matching images are the singers. If you need a refresher on what these songs sound like, scroll down to watch a compilation video.
In order they are:
- Lady Gaga – Born This Way (2011)
- Patrick Hernandez – Born to Be Alive (1979)
- Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run (1975)
- Steppenwolf lead singer John Kay – Born to Be Wild (1968)
- Hank Williams Jr – Born to Boogie (1987)
Print your own and pin it
Print your own version to put up on your favorite telegraph pole, traffic light post, graffiti lined alleyway, or liven up your campus, school or office. If you pin it take a photo and share it in the comments of this post. I’ve had reported sightings of it in the UK and United States so far.
DOWNLOAD JPG VERSION
DOWNLOAD PDF VERSION
Need a refresher on the songs?
The making of
I did some rough sketches on paper first and decided I’d just go with simple silhouette heads all based on the same oval shape. I had a few other songs I’d brainstormed (Born to Love You – Queen, Born in the USA – Bruce Springsteen, Born To Try – Delta Goodrem) but decided to just go with 5 for a less cluttered design.
More to come
I’ve already got some ideas for future street flyers based on the same concept but using different themes. Subscribe so you don’t miss out.
As featured on
- This post (4,687 views, 38 tweets, 95 FB likes)
- The Laughing Squid (99 likes, 56 tweets)
- The Laughing Squid Links Blog (2,800+ likes and shares)
- I Can Has Cheezburger Network (149 votes, 4.5 unicorns out of 5)
- Stumble Upon (583 shares)
- Wall Street Geek
- Typo Australia Facebook (343 likes, 60 shares)
- Democratic Underground
- Official Pearl Jam Forum
- The Meta Picture
- 9 Gag – Just for Fun
- SaturdayNights&NeonLights Tumblr